View Full Version : jDooM Crouch MoD
September 17th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I updated the jDooM Crouch MoD to work with Doomsday 1.8.2. This new version also adds recoil to the weapons which power can be adjusted from 0 to 10 , 0 is no recoil, 10 is very big recoil... The zip file also includes a small/medium sized demo map to try the new features.
You can get it from here: http://koti.mbnet.fi/jeejeeje/ and for the lazy people, here's a direct link to the file: http://koti.mbnet.fi/jeejeeje/files/CTDEMON.ZIP
September 17th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks Jimi, I will test this ASAP ;)
September 17th, 2004, 07:34 PM
September 18th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Woa, This is so cool :) I especially like the recoil on the guns, I like the chaingun the most because it is like the Quake 2 machine gun :p
EDIT: Skyjake should Implament this into all the j games like the jumping so you can select it on and off in all the games. oh, and lets not forget the recoil *thumbs*
September 18th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Cool, thanks Jimi :)
September 18th, 2004, 08:47 AM
It's not working for me *bawl* . What am I doing wrong? I've got 1.8.2, I've selected the crouch mod doom II game, and I've put everything in the folder it's supposed to be in, but no crouch :(
September 18th, 2004, 08:49 AM
You need to configure what control crouch is going to be :p
September 18th, 2004, 09:32 AM
If you're unsure that you're using the right dll, check it by typing:"version" in the console. If the dll version is 1.15.CTR.2, then you're just using wrong button to crouch... The default is C.
September 18th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I'm gonna download this now and test it. Thanks Jimi, it sounds quite interesting. ;)
Very nice. I like it, two things that are weird though:
1. If you aren't holding crouch in a vent, you pop out really fast.
2. The gun goes vertical so I can't shoot if I don't use the mouse often. :(
Overall, it was fun though... The map was awesome. :D
September 18th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Yea, the recoil is meant to be used with the mouse aiming without autoaiming. I could make the vertical recoil and the weapon kick as 2 different console variables for the next version, so you can use only one of them if you like to do so.
What do you mean with that pop out? You should be able to unhold the crouch button while in a low area without popping out? , but when you're coming out of that place into a higher ceiling area where crouching is not required, then you'll get stuck, so, press crouch then... I'll try fixing that for the next version too.
September 18th, 2004, 12:57 PM
It is the right version. I don't know what could be wrong. here's a screenshot with version info if it helps http://img9.org/p/?~jDoom-version.JPG
September 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
I have a couple questions regarding this:
1) Pardon me if this sounds like a stupid question, but is this mod compatible with the Ultimate Doom? If it is, then I think I may have ran into a problem. I'll put up the Doomsday.out if indeed this mod is compatible with the Ultimate Doom.
2) How do I manually load jdrp and other resource packs manually with this mod?
Other than that, I think it's a very good mod. I just need this questions answered and I'll be able to enjoy it fully. :)
September 21st, 2004, 09:30 PM
1. It should be compatible with Ultimate Doom too. I'm not sure if I tried it with Ultimate Doom.
2. You load them like you load wads with kickstart and you must also load the deds with kickstart. Or you can edit the .ksa files for the resource packs and add the new game profiles there Profiles_To_Apply=sharedoom doom doom2 plut tnt -> Profiles_To_Apply=sharedoom doom doom2 plut tnt csharedoom cdoom cdoom2 cplut ctnt
3. The demo map(for D2/Final) is located in wrong location in the zip. It is in Data\ but it should be in Data\jDoom\ so the kickstart addon for the mod would load the demo map when activated.
January 19th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Where Can I Find The Crouch Mod On Your Site!!?
January 19th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Try looking it from idgames archive, I think I've uploaded it there. But notice the map included in it, is placed in a wrong dir in the zip and there might have been some other files in wrong dir in the zip too... And source code is missing from the zip completely and I can't give it to you or anyone, because I just don't have the source code anymore.
I think it might run on 1.8.6 version of Doomsday.. if not, then use 1.8.2.
vBulletin® v3.8.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.