View Full Version : Splitting Donut Sectors in DETH?
September 20th, 2001, 10:49 PM
How do I do this? I tried using 'Add line and Split sector" but it came up with some bug, maybe because both sides have the same sector reference, but that wouldn't cause a problem, would it? Please help, I'm having a hard time deleting the sector just so I can modify it...
[ a r e p H ]
i also hang around on:
GO THERE!!! APHEX!!!
September 21st, 2001, 12:32 PM
Its a pain when DETH does this.
You could try a different editor.
Or split the sector the hard way, manually.
1) Select two vertexs on either side of the place you want it split.
2) Press INSERT and you will get a linedef between them.
3) Select the linedef and press INSERT, this will give it a sidedef with a new sector tag.
4) Manually change all the linedef's sector tags on one side of the new linedef to be the new sector tag.
5) Add a new sidedef to your new linedef, correct both sidedef's sector tags so the correspond to old and new sectors.
6) Make sure your new linedef has its doublesided flag set.
vBulletin® v3.8.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.